5 June 2014

bondi blues…

Last weekend I just had to get out of my house and have a break from studying. One of my favourite things to do is to go for a drive to clear my head and get some space. So drive I did. I covered nearly the whole of the Eastern Suburbs - stopping for lunch and squeezing in a walk at Bondi, climbing steps at Point Piper and admiring the water front views down at Nelsons Park that I can only dream of. I find a lot of joy in travelling and I love to keep moving. 

Last weekend in a classically Sophia-ish move, i decided that I couldn't take anymore studying and escaped the prison (aka. my house) in an effort to distract myself from my looming exams. I jumped in the car and embarked on a 5 hour journey that took me everywhere around Sydney from the fabulously rich Point Piper, to the surfy laid back shores of Bondi Beach to the luxuriously creamy N2 gelato in China Town. 


Looking back at some of my not-so-spectacular grades I see that perhaps this wasn't the wisest moves however I felt that I had to escape. It had been a while since I had travelled anywhere new and I can honestly say that it was one of the most exciting things I did all week. 

a I started off travelling over the bridge to Bondi and grabbed some lunch at a beach side cafe before going for a quick walk around ice-burgs (hoping to see someone famous but unsuccessful ). I spotted two adorable lovers holding hands and having a picnic. This was so cute I couldn't resist taking a quick picture which has turned out to be one of my favourite photos.


How adorable!!



I then jumped back in the car and travelled around the disgustingly wealthy area of Point Piper, admiring the luxurious 6-7 floor mansions which I can only ever dream of. I discovered an adorable park called Duff Reserve. I saw a small opening in-between a Tuscan designed house and perhaps one of the biggest properties I have seen in my life. I followed the stairs down to the bottom level to find a perfect view of the harbour bridge and the North Shore. An immediate favourite spot of mine, I want to venture back soon and plan a picnic there on a lovely day! 

                 


I then continued my adventure all the way down to chinatown where I headed to my all time favourite gelato shop N2 Extreme Gelato. Found near the entertainment quarter, N2 never disappoints and I know I can always count on it to crate a fun-filled party in my mouth.



After enjoying a delicious Malteser flavoured ice-cream, I headed home only to discover that I was going to head off to Vivid later that night with my family and some friends. So off we went, grabbing a quick pizza at Kirribilli and heading over. Vivid was definitely worth a look, the light shows were absolutely exquisite. We then went to watch the light show which is held at Darling Harbour - absolutely phenomenal. I was too busy having fun and enjoying the show that I forgot to take pictures! As we were waiting for the show, it struck me how much people were there too, on a Sunday night at 9:45. Little children, young couples and senior groups alike all gathered around the harbour to watch one of the most fantastic light shows in the world. 



It was an absolutely perfect day and to top it off when I got home I had a long bubble bath and fell straight asleep.

xxx fifi 

No comments:

Post a Comment